Wednesday 18 April 2012

Swim a Mile With a :)


On Friday, the TYs are heading to the National Aquatic Centre to swim a mile with a smile!

The annual Ian Daly Swim a Mile with a Smile is in aid of Child Cancer Care, and all proceeds are divided between the Children's Medical and Research Foundation at Our Lady's Children's Hospital and Barretstown :)

The swim was inspired by Ian Daly, a very brave young boy, who died aged 11, from a rare and aggressive brain tumour. He loved swimming, so his family decided to hold an annual swim every year in this memory, to raise funds and awarness for children with cancer. Ian's sister, Eimear, is in class Fódhla in TY :)

I have always loved swimming, and I hope to be able to swim a mile (64 lengths of the 25 meter pool), but I haven't been swimming in AGES and I really don't know if I'm fit enough, so just to be safe I'm pairing up with Sarah B and we're going to do 32 lengths each :P But if I'm still alive after those, I'm going to try 32 more :)

Wish me luck!!