Sunday 5 February 2012

headin' to Caaark baii :D

OMG OMG OMG our drama got through to the all-ireland final!!! :D :D: D

ahhhhhhh I screamed so loud when I found out ^_^ 

Rehearsing that drama was one of the most stressful things I have been through in my LIFE! But now it was all SOOO worth it :D 

It's actually unbelievable that it got through, like seriously it was completely last minute!! And if you need proof of that: Read this blog post! And we changed our idea AGAIN since I made that post haha, our play ended up being based on the poem Titch Miller by Wendy Cope :)  Here it is: 


Tich Miller wore glasses
with elasto-plast pink frames
and had one foot three sizes larger than the other

When they picked teams for outdoor games
she and I were always the last two
left standing by the wire mesh fence

We avoided one anothers eyes
stooping, perhaps, to re-tie a shoelace
or affecting interest in a flight

of some fortunate bird, and pretended
not to hear the urgent conference:
"Have Tubby!" "No have Titch"

usually they chose me, the lesser dud,
and she lolloped back, unselected
to the back of the other team

At eleven we went to different schools.
In time I learnt how to get my own back,
sneering at hockey players who couldn't spell.

Tich died when she was twelve.

Not the most cheerful topic I know, but all of us felt it was a poem really worth bringing to people's attention. We've added a little bit of comedy though, don't worry, it's not all super depressing :P

We're going to rehearse a LOT more this time, we've definitely learnt our lesson haha, plus, the competition will be much tougher o.O

Those of you who are lucky enough to have both observational skills and common sense will have noticed that the finals are being held in County Cork! We can't WAIT to go, it will definitely a trip to remember :)



PS.

Tubby - me
Titch - Vicky