Wednesday 21 March 2012

D.E.A.R (Drop Everything And Read) (:

We have five weeks to read F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby and write a review. I think now that we're getting nearer to fifth year our teachers are giving us more solid and leaving cert-like work in order to prepare us.



Our English teacher has given us some notes on the book but I still don't really know what it's about... It's not the type of book I'd normally read but maybe it'll be interesting :)
I will start reading it tonight!

Okay I admit I wasn't overly excited when I was told it had to be read in five weeks as I have a queue of books I want to read before I go into fifth year:
  • The Hobbit
  • The Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers
  • The Lord of the Rings - The Return of The King
  • The Infernal Devices - Clockwork Prince


Frodo <3

That will most likely take up my entire Summer, depending how sociable I feel :P Then after those four I am going to read the Harry Potter books because I've never read them! :o A few of my friends have disowned me for that so yeah I need to read them to prove I value their friendship and also because I really want to :)

OH and I'm going to see the Hunger Games movie tomorrow night ^_^ I can't WAIT. If you haven't read these books then may the Lord have mercy on your soul. Ahh I'm so excited :D
I kind of want to read the first book again before I go, so maybe the Great Gatsby can wait til the weekend... It is DEAR week after all, so forgive me :)



Let the games begin...